Event Update - Saturday 10th of August 2019 - 11:26AM GMT 09.08.2019
I'm sure you are very much looking forward to your weekend in the West Country. You may have seen that there are some very unseasonal weather conditions forecast for Friday and Saturday, with wind and rain expected to prevail in the area.
We would like to provide some clarification over our company's position with this in mind.
As things stand, we are still going ahead with the event as planned tomorrow, Saturday 10th of August 2019.
Please note that there may be some alterations to games that we operate, depending on the wind conditions on the day.
We will do all that we can to run as normal, with additional precautions put in place with regards to the wind. But a decision will be made on the day as to which games are suitable to use and which should be replaced with an alternative.
Our company policy regarding cancellation or amendment is as follows:
- If you wish to change the date of your event you may do so without charge. You may attend any outdoor event within the next 12 months, subject to availability. This allows you to attend an event when each of the games detailed on the website are in operation, should you wish to do so.
- If the event goes ahead and you take the decision not to attend, you will not be provided with a refund.
- We reserve the right to change the games listed on our website, as detailed in our terms and conditions, should force majeure due to inclement weather conditions dictate that it is unsafe to operate certain games.
- If we do take the decision on Saturday to cancel the event due to the weather, you shall be informed by telephone and receive a full refund during the following week.
We thank you for your flexibility and understanding in this situation. In our 9 year history, we have never had an event during the summer months disrupted in this manner.
We cannot control the weather, but we will do endeavour to give you a great day out regardless!
Jamie, Simon & Holly & the West Country Games team